First of all – Happy Mother’s Day to all Mamas out there – especially my Mama bloggers that I’ve meet in the last few weeks. You are all amazing! ❤
Okay, let’s get down to it. A few days ago, the lovely & magnificent The Book Nook UK nominated me for the Mystery Blogger Award. Thank you so much for the shout out & for giving me a fun weekend project.
Here we go: 🙂
- Display award logo
- List the rules
- Thank the person that nominated you!
- Mention and link the award creator: Okoto Enigma
- Tell your readers three things about yourself
- Answer the questions from the person who nominated you
- Nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice
Three Things About Myself:
- Today is my first Mother’s Day as a Mother. I have a beautiful (need I say the most beautiful) little 9 month old rambunctious baby boy. He is magnificent and funny and I swear he is just days away from learning to walk! Ahhh! Even when he is being a little pill bucket (like now – NAP little man!!), I cannot imagine my life without him in it. Amongst the reasons I started this blog was to give myself a personal project and outlet outside of the nearly 24/7 job of taking care of a little human & it is my escape when I’m feeling overwhelmed.
- I eat Skittles in a very specific order. First I eat the yellow ones (because they are disgusting), then red, green and finally orange (the yummiest). If I can help it, I don’t eat the purple ones at all. This used to work out well when I lived with my parents because my mother actually loves the purple ones and so she would always eat them. Now, I always seem to be surrounded by rejected, purple Skittles.
- Goldfish crackers are my favorite food…goldfish and lemonade…oh…and burgers…burgers and beer…mmmm.
Five Questions from The Book Nook UK
(on a side note, these questions are amazing! This puts my question asking to shame…lol)
- If you had to name a cocktail after your personality what would you call it? Bonus points if you know what ingredients it would have.
My cocktail would be called “Resting Bitch Face.” Sure this might not have a whole lot to do with my actual personality, but it does say a lot about me. I’m that person you avoid sitting next to on the bus 🙂 Although now that I think about it, since becoming a mother, I’ve somehow become MUCH more approachable….
My cocktail would definitely be bright and citrusy and the main ingredient would be gin (my favorite summer beverage). I’ll leave it up to some excellent mixologist out there to fine tune the details.
- You’ve woken up and had the sudden realization that you’ve grown a pair of wings. What do they look like? Do they suit you?
My wings would definitely be sort of bat like (that seems less fragile than insect wings, right?) but I like the idea of them being black and yellow – like a bumble bee. They’d probably be about as long as my arms. I don’t think that would really be big enough to be able to lift me from the ground but that’s okay. I don’t actually think I need to be able to fly.
- If you didn’t have to sleep what would you do instead?
Easy question. Read and write. I do enjoy a good nap so even though I don’t necessarily NEED to sleep, I might take a nap once in a while.
- You have to chuck three books you hate into the volcano to appease the god/goddess of bad books. What three go in?
- Twilight. I rolled my eyes through that entire novel and had zero desire to read any more. I also never felt the need to watch the movies – so I have no idea whatever happened…. I think there might have been werewolves??
- The Grapes of Wrath. This was just one of those books that I was forced to read in school at a time when I’d much rather read fantasy or a cute contemporary YA. It was so long and I HATED reading it. I’m sure it isn’t that bad, but I’ll never try again.
- The Casual Vacancy. You know that “adult” book that J.K. Rowling wrote. I absolutely hated nearly everything about it.
- You’ve fallen down the rabbit hole and have entered Wonderland. Where the first place you head to? Why?
I hate to admit that I know nearly NOTHING about Wonderland :(… I never tried to read the books. The closest I’ve come was reading Marisa Meyer’s Heartless about how the Queen of Hearts came to be. I suppose I’d visit the Mad Hatter?? That seems like it would be a fun party & I like tea 🙂
My Five Questions:
- What is that one book you own that you would NEVER lend out to anyone for fear that you might never get it back? (Either due to nostalgia or because you love the book too much to let it go)
- Would you rather go into the past and meet your ancestors or go into the future and meet your great-great grandchildren?
- If you could go on a two week vacation tomorrow (& of course money is not an issue) where would you go?
- If you were given a lifetime supply of anything in the world, what would you choose?
- Good news or bad news first?
**Of course if you don’t feel like doing this – no pressure! But I’d love to hear your answers 🙂
Have a great one, everybody!!