I was nominated by Sara @ The Bibliophagist for the Sunshine Blogger Award! What a lovely surprise for the end of the week 🙂
The guidelines for this award are straightforward:
- Thank the blogger(s) that nominated you in the post and link back to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you
- Nominate 8-11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award Logo on your post and/or in your blog
Questions from Sara:
- What’s a weird fact that you just happen to know?
Did you know that a couple people die every year from falling through grates in the sidewalk? I have been hyper-aware of sidewalk grates ever since I read this & I try really hard never to walk on them at all.
- If you could pick one food that you’d never have to eat again, what would it be?
Bertie Botts every flavor beans – it just isn’t worth it!! Get regular Jelly Bellys 🙂
- What’s your favorite season of the year and why?
I love Fall. There are so many reasons… because it is just starting to cool down from the hot summer. All my favorite clothes are Fall clothes – sweaters and boots ❤ And of course Halloween & Thanksgiving… and leaves changing colors 🙂
- You can have dinner with five famous people, alive or dead. Who do you pick?
Leigh Bardugo, Benedict Cumberbatch, Cleopatra, Alice Hoffman and Alan Rickman
I don’t know why – they all just seem like interesting people ❤ I’m also hoping for 5 individual dinners and not one big awkward dinner… 🙂
- Imagine you have a personal assistant to do everything you hate or don’t want to deal with. What do you have them do for you?
They do all my grocery shopping and clean my house. Ahhhh… wouldn’t that be nice? 😀
- If you could teleport anywhere, where would you go right now?
Right now?! 🙂 I hope I can bring my family with me. In that case I teleport to Amsterdam. It is one of my favorite places in the world. If it were full summer time, I would transport to Manarola in Cinque Terre (Italy – if you aren’t familiar just google it and you’ll understand) and if it were winter, I’d go to Sydney.
- What’s the last book that you recommended to someone?
I told my sister to read The Kiss Quotient when it comes out. ❤
- What’s the last book that someone recommended to you?
Scythe. My mother and sister badgered me to read that for months and I finally gave in at the beginning of the year. I can’t believe I waited so long because it is FANTASTIC!!
- Used books or new books?
New books 🙂 Even library books (and I go to the library A LOT) I like to put my name on hold weeks before the book comes out so that I’m the first person to check it out. 😀
- Do you listen to audiobooks?
Not really. I really only like them if the author is reading their own work (i.e. Neil Gaiman) or if the reader is someone famous (i.e. Benedict Cumberbatch). I’m more of a podcast girl myself.
- Have you ever dreamed about a book? If so, which book?
I don’t really remember my dreams. But since I read so much, I can’t imagine that I haven’t had bookish dreams…. I just don’t remember them. I think we can go out on a ledge and say Harry Potter is a good bet 🙂
Please don’t feel any obligation to participate if this isn’t your thing! No hard feelings 🙂 I tend to nominate people whom I’ve just started following/who just starting following me in an attempt to get to know you all a little better. If you don’t want to be tagged in things moving forward, just let me know ❤
- The Book Queen
- Books are the New Black
- Discerning Couch Potato
- Cats & Tea
- Maddie @ Munch Reviews
- The Reading Hobbit
- If you could get your hands on an ARC of any book coming out (doesn’t even have to be one that is announced yet), what would it be?
- If you could spend the summer anywhere, where would you go?
- You have to sacrifice any book to the bookish Gods, what book do you give them?
- If you could only read one genre for the rest of your life, what would you pick?
- What is the least favorite job you’ve ever had?
- What is the best job you’ve ever had?
- How do you feel about camping?
- What is your favorite summer time drink?
- You’re borrowing your best friends time machine for a day – where would you go?
- If you could only use one form of social media, which would you pick?
- Got any real summer plans?