Oh man, I intended to do this post DAYS ago so sorry to those awesome bloggers who tagged me for this award (over a week ago now, yikes!) I still love you guys.
This is Part 2 of my Sunshine Blogger Award post. As I mentioned in Part 1, I was nominated for this award FOUR times last week. I am so blessed and happy to be part of this community! Keep tagging me guys! I love it! (And I will be the first to admit that sometimes tags fall through the cracks! I am so sorry if you’ve tagged me in something and I didn’t follow through! I am trying to be more organized in July!)
Anyway – ONTO THE FUN!
WHAT IS THE SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive, and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
- Thank the person/persons that nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions your nominator has given you.
- Nominate 11 other people and give them 11 new questions to answer.
- List the rules and display the award.
Sissi’s Questions ❤
- What is your favorite blog post you’ve ever written?
Oh jeez, I don’t know. I haven’t been doing this for all that long. I love doing these tags and the TTT posts. Those often incite the most comments and discussing books with the community is one of my favorite parts of doing this blog. I do love book reviews too! I enjoy thinking critically about what what I just read and putting it down in words.
Ahhh… sorry I just realized I still didn’t really answer your question…. 😀
- If you could bring any fictional object (weapon, clothing, food etc.) into the real world, what would it be?
Ohhh, I’d want an owl from Harry Potter universe. Wouldn’t an owl be like the best pet ever?? And I’d get to send and receive owl post?? Awesome!! ❤
- Who is your favourite book character?
I don’t know how to answer this because there are so many good characters out there. I love Kaz Brekker from Six of Crows. I love Hermione from Harry Potter. I want to hang out with nearly everyone in Tortall. And if they weren’t already taken, I’d want to set my sister up with Josh Templeman (The Hating Game) and Michael Phan (The Kiss Quotient).
- What is your favourite book genre?
I’m a sucker for nearly everything so picking a favorite is HARD. It can often depend on my mood. I love YA fantasy, historical fiction & the occasional romance.
- What are some of your hobbies?
Besides reading & writing?? Hmmmm… I spend a lot of time making baby food. Does that count as a hobby? LOL. I love to travel and plan vacations (yes, something the planning is nearly as fun as going!). I do yoga as much as I can fit it in (which isn’t very often these days) & I love to figure out new ways to make my baby laugh ❤
- What is your favourite movie?
Goonies is easily my favorite. I love EVERYTHING about that movie! I’m also a huge sucker for the movie Austenland.
- What do you think is the most important part of a book in order for you to love it?
Characters. I’m big into character driven novels. If the characters are good then I don’t even mind as much if the plot is lacking.
- Who is your role model?
My role models are literally every mother I know. This shit is hard work & whether you’re a working mom or a stay at home mom, I admire you! (Please note that I love dad’s too!)
- What is your favourite holiday?
Is it selfish to say your birthday?? LOL. I’ve always loved birthdays. I try to make every year into a week long celebration! And you bet I’m going to make a huge deal out of my kid’s birthdays too! ❤
- Do you always read the book first before watching a book to movie adaptation?
If I was interested in the book before the movie was announced then I usually try to read it before the movie comes out (if I hadn’t already). If it doesn’t look like a book I’d want to read regardless of a movie, then I don’t really care. Movies are a much smaller time commitment. With that being said, I generally don’t go back and read the book AFTER I’ve watched the movie already.
- What is your favourite season?
Fall. I love the air to be crisp but not too cold. I love the changing leafs & Halloween & the general smells of autumn.
Daniel’s Questions ❤
- If you could prevent one book from ever being published, which book would it be?
If I had this power I’m not sure that I would use it… I’m too nice I think 🙂 Even if I hate a book, there might be other people who love it. And isn’t the point that we want people to read??
- You can get front row and backstage passes to any concert of your choice. Who would you see?
I’d want to see Tom Waits. ❤
- Who are three people that you look up to?
I admire parents, educators, and nurses – any and all unsung heroes out there 🙂
- If you published a book, who would you want to blurb it?
Leigh Bardugo. I also really like Erin Morgensterns blurbs – they are often really good!
- Hot chocolate or chocolate milk?
Hot chocolate. You can’t really put whipped cream & mini marshmallows on chocolate milk… 😀
- What’s your favorite ice cream flavor and topping?
My favorite ice cream is chocolate chip cookie dough. And I’d eat pretty much anything that had caramel drizzled on it. Mmmmmm…..
- What’s the worst book in your favorite series?
I see that this requires me to pick a favorite series…. I don’t have a favorite – this is too hard to pick…. But for the purposes of this question, I guess I’m going to go with Song of the Lioness Quartet by Tamora Pierce.
My least favorite book in that one is Book 3 – The Woman Who Rides Like a Man. I wasn’t a huge fan of how much time she spent doing nothing in the desert. BUT, I loved the end of that one so it was still a really good book.
- What’s the best book in your favorite series?
Same series as above – my favorite book is the 2nd one – In the Hand of the Goddess. There are sooo many good parts of that book ❤
- If you had your own island, what would you name it and why?
I would name it something scary so strangers wouldn’t want to come visit. What do you think… The Isle of Obliteration?
- Which book character would live with you on that island and why?
I know he isn’t strictly a book character (but I’m sure there is some movie to book adaptation out there) but I pick Captain Jack Sparrow. There would be rum 🙂
- If you weren’t answering these questions right now, what would you be doing?
Well I should be working right now, but it is Friday so I don’t want to do that. I also should be cleaning but that also sounds lame. So when I finish this up, I’ll probably start reading 😀